Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lab Tour

There are lots of 'cool' things in the lab. By cool I mean, things I don't understand (as of now).

Superconductor Lab:
The first lab we went through and so far the most interesting to me. I read a little about supercons bak in high school but it's really a different thing to see one (though it was only on a video). The thing that struck me most was the application of levitation. Yeah, I'm thinking about MagLev trains, etc. They say it's about magnetic properties and the only thing I could remember is that if you put a substance in liquid nitrogen, there's something strange that will happen in its magnetic field causing levitation.

Photonics:
I was kinda dismayed when we went in this lab. We weren't shown a hologram :'( But there's learning in here. Like altering laser light to create different figures. And that's the start of remolding light to create the future of movies XD

Theoretical:
Nerd alert. Haha. I still remember I wanted first to be in this lab but when I saw all the equations, oops time to find another one. This lab is for people who are so good in math and wants to discover new theories, equations, etc.

Structure and Dynamics:
Simulations- this is the main thing here. The computers are so sophisticated (mabe because they're really for simulation). I guess there'll be a lot to learn about programming here. So if you're not the computer-type, maybe find another lab XD

Instrumentation:
VISSER, 3D printer, what else there is that interests me. I like the ambience in this lab maybe because they have personnel here who are close to me and I have the same first name with Sir Ganni (I know, no sense at all). This feels like invent things. Recommended if your tinker.

Plasma:
I have a schoolmate who's now in here. A lot of people also like this lab. They utilize plasma to "power-up" things. And there's wifi in this lab (for research of course).

In finding lab, find the one that interests you not the one you think will make you look smart or reputed. But before finding your one "lab", aral po muna. Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment